Comments & Complaints




We are committed to provide high quality healthcare and services to our patients.

If you have a suggestion, complaint or concern about the service you have received from the practice, please let us know.

We operate a complaints procedure as part of the NHS system for dealing with complaints. The practice complaints procedure meets national criteria.


How to complain

1) It is best to talk to a reception member of staff about any concerns or problems as soon as they arise and we will try and sort them out.

2) If you wish to make a formal complaint provide details of your complaint as soon as possible in writing for the attention of the Practice Manager so we can find out what happened. You can send this to us by the following methods:

  • Hand this directly in to the practice
  • Post it to the practice address: Clifton Rise Family Practice , Suite 2 Waldron Health Centre, New Cross, London SE14 6LD

Our staff will explain the complaints procedure to you and make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly.

You need to make your complaint within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem OR within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem relating to a specific incident.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Medical records are protected by the Data Protection Act 1998. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A letter signed by the person concerned will be needed unless they are incapable (e.g. due to illness) of providing this.


What we will do

We will send out a letter to your home address within three working days and offer to discuss with you the best way to investigate it, including the time scales for a reply, which varies depending on the nature of the complaint; normally, we try to reply to all complaints within 15 working days, but sometimes it can take up to over a month. We will keep you informed if there is any delay and the reason.

Note: we only send complaints via post to your home address on your records. If there is a delay in responding to your complaint, we will advise you as soon as possible.

We will aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Invite you to discuss the problem with those involved, if you would like this
  • Apologise, where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure that the problem does not happen again.

If you feel that the practice was unable to resolve your issues then you can get in contact with (NHS England), contact details below.


Useful Contacts


If you are not satisfied

If neither body helps resolve the issue, you have the right to approach the Ombudsman.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower, Millbank
London SW1P 4QP