Comments & Complaints
We are committed to provide high quality healthcare and services to patients. If you have a suggestion, complaint or concern about the service you have received from the practice, please let us know. We hope that all complaints can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise. If your problem cannot be sorted and you wish to make a complaint, please let us know as soon as possible because this will make it easier to find out what has happened. If this is not possible, please let us have details of your complaint:
within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem.
- You should bring the complaint to the attention of the Practice Manager, or one of the partners and we will acknowledge it within 3 days. The complaints procedure will be explained to you and we will deal with your problem promptly. Please be as specific as possible about your complaint.
- Please complete a complaint form unless you have written or wish to write a letter. If you wish you may just make an appointment with the Practice Manager or one of the Doctors to discuss your problem without writing down your complaint
- The complaint will be investigated promptly and thoroughly and we aim to have looked into it within 15 working days of the date you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer an explanation or a meeting. We will keep you informed if there is any delay and the reason.
- When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to:
- find out what happened and what went wrong;
- make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, where appropriate;
- make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate;
- identify what we can do to prevent the problem occurring again.
- Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness, accident or they are a child) of providing this.
- We hope that if you have a problem that has not been sorted at the time you will use our Practice Complaints procedure. We believe that this gives us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our Practice.
If you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation, you may wish to contact details below.
- NHS England: Email email@example.com | Tel 0113 254 5000
- Lewisham Citizens Advice Bureau: Tel: 0844 826 9691
If you are not satisfied
If neither body helps resolve the issue, you have the right to approach the Ombudsman.
The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower, Millbank
London SW1P 4QP
- Tel: 0345 015 4033
- Click here to visit their website
Reviewed on 10/04/18